Buying a new mattress can cost you big amount of money. But, you have no choice especially if the bed that you’re using isn’t comfortable anymore. The number of choices can be overwhelming, nevertheless you need to be smart in making your choice.
There are two variety of mattress to choose from such as the Sleep Number and Tempurpedic. Both brands are claiming to provide superior sleeping experience.
Sleep number vs Tempurpedic Mattress Comparison
|Longevity||Avg. 10 Years||Avg. 8 Years|
|Ease of Use||Bellow Average||Good|
To help you in making the right decision in which brand to select, we will discuss each aspect including the materials used, comfort, cost, support and others.
The materials used in manufacturing a mattress is important in determining the durability and quality of the product.
- Sleep Number – This type of mattress is made from air bladders, which are hemmed in a padded side and top. The air bladders are responsible for supporting the top of the bed at the same time keep the shape of the mattress. It’s easy to transport or move from one place to another.
- Tempurpedic – It is one variety of a memory foam mattress that’s why you can expect that it is made from dense foam. Many consumers testified that this mattress is more durable than the Sleep Number bed.
The main objective of sleeping in a mattress is to enhance the sleep quality. Comfort greatly affects the quality of sleep, thus it’s essential to select the one that provides total comfort.
- Sleep Number – The advantage of sleep number bed is that it is adjustable in such a way that the owner can control the level of comfort. This bed also works well in preventing motion transfer. This means that you can’t disturb your partner even if you’re moving at the other side of the bed. Likewise, its customized firmness is helpful for pain relief
- Tempurpedic – There are different models of tempurpedic bed that can offer various levels of support. Due to the innate qualities of foam used in manufacturing this bed, a tempurpedic bed features motion isolation. Although this bed is not customizable, but owners find relief for body aches and pains.
Another aspect to consider when buying a new mattress is the cost. The cost of the product doesn’t guarantee the quality. This makes sense comparing the price at the same time the features to know which one values your money.
- Sleep Number Bed – This type of bed is cheaper than its competitors. But, you can also find one model of this brand that is more expensive. The cheaper investment of a Sleep Number bed is offset by the need of replacing the mechanical parts. Check out at Amazon to know more about the price.
- Tempurpedic Bed – It is pricier than a Sleep Number bed, but it does not require upkeep expenses. Check out at Amazon to know more about the price.
It’s good to know the common complaints of the current users of both the Tempurpedic and Sleep Number beds. This can help in choosing the one that can address your needs.
- Sleep Number – Users of this bed complains about the discomfort they felt on the middle part of the bed. The center is stiff as it houses the two sides of the bed that have customizable firmness. Another issue about this bed is sleep disturbances and the noise of inflating or deflating the bed.
- Tempurpedic – As it is a memory foam, you should expect that the body heat is retained on your bed. However, new models of this bed includes gel that allows airflow or breathability, thus prevents heat retention.
Users also complain about the off-gassing or annoying smell of this memory foam. This requires letting the air out of the foam for about two days or more before using it.
Warranty and Return Policy
- Sleep Number – manufacturer of this bed offers 100-day trial. If a consumer is not satisfied or happy with the product, they give refund except for the setup and shipping fees. But, the buyer will pay for the return shipping fees. The warranty coverage of the bed is only 2 years.
- Tempurpedic – Buying this bed guarantees 10-year warranty. Thus, you can expect that the company will repair or replace the bed within the warranty period.
A Tempurpedic bed is the best option if your purpose of buying a new mattress is to relieve aches and pains. But, you can choose a Sleep Number bed if you can’t resist the heat retention issues.
Regardless of the type of bed you may want to buy, you can’t go wrong with your decision. It’s because both of them are quality mattresses and can provide high customer satisfaction and comfort. You’ll surely have a perfect night’s rest as you’re guided in making a good decision.